The PAN card is the essential document and is highly required for all the financial transactions in India. PAN is a Permanent Account Number. Which is a unique 10 character alphanumeric number which is useful in uniquely identifying the card holder. PAN card is mandatory of almost all the financial transactions in India like opening a bank account, receiving a taxable salary, sale or purchase of the asset and all other high-value of transactions.
PAN card is highly useful for the government in keeping a close watch on all the black money. PAN card can be easily applied through different websites. You can get a new or a duplicate PAN card within 21 business days. The procedure is to fill the necessary forms. You can easily get the Form 49A from any of these 3 authorized websites.
NSDL, e-Mudra, and UTI.
If you have applied through NDSL you will receive an acknowledgment, in the case of UTI you will receive a coupon number and an e Mudra shares a reference number. You can check the PAN cards status by using the 15-digit number. The PAN card generally takes around 21 working days to get delivered to the mentioned address.
You will get to know the PAN card status within 5 to 7 days after submitting the application online. UTI PAN card status can be checked online from its website, you need to enter the 15-digit Application Coupon Number in the box provided and then click on Submit button to check your PAN card application status.
PAN card status check can also be done by providing your name and date of birth. This can be done after 24 hours of application submission. You need a 15-digit acknowledgment number for PAN card status check.
PAN card status by name and date of birth can also be used in NDSL portal. You need to also enter the 15-digit acknowledgment number and Name and Date of Birth details to check the PAN Card Status. The PAN card status by PAN number of the existing card can also be used to check the pan card status of the new one. This can be also done, when you need a duplicate PAN card.
There are several benefits of PAN cards
- PAN card consists of your photo, name, and address, so it is used as a nationally accepted identity proof.
- PAN card will allow you to pay proper taxes since TDS cannot be counted without a PAN Card.
- The PAN card is unique for all the card holder. The possibility of misusing the same is very rare.
- PAN cards makes buying property or engaging in business in India easy for all the NRI. With the help of PAN card, there is no need to file tax returns.
- There is also a facility to open a minor account and it can be operated with the PAN card of the parents or guardian.
- It helps to have a complete track on all the financial dealings of an individual. It helps to track the black money and also to prevent evasion of tax. This helps in estimation the total tax revenue of India.